Exposure or over exposure to UV (ultraviolet) light from the sun can cause a number of skin issues. The UV rays can damage the skin causing premature skin aging. This sun damage can greatly increase the chances of skin cancer, as well as other conditions.
At Beauty World we are happy to offer our clients some of the best laser treatment protocols for sun damaged skin available today. We use one of the best lasers available today, the Cynosure Elite. Pricing is highly dependent upon the area(s) of the body that is in need of treatment as well as the size of the treatment area.
However, pricing starts as follows:
Our experts will help better quote you a price once we analyze the level of correction needed as well as the size and location of the treatment area.
Common Symptoms of Sun Damaged Skin
- Changes in skin texture: The skin can become course and wrinkles can develop due to the thinning of the skin. The sun damages the skin, and causes it to lose moisture, thus thinning the skin, especially along the neck, back, forearms, and hands.
- Bruising and mild trauma.
- Wrinkles, fine lines, facial folds, scars, age spots, crow’s feet, frown lines and other cosmetic skin blemishes.
- Changes in pigmentation. Hyperpigmentation, and discoloration are common issues as a result of sun damage. These include sun spots, where the skin becomes darkened and less protective, and more susceptible to further damage.
- White spots along the extremities.
- Reddish spots along the neck, back, arms and legs.
- Moles, or growths which can develop into skin cancer.
- Lesions, similar to actinic keratosis, or certain forms of cancer such as squamous cell carcinoma. These can occur on any part of the body exposed to sunlight, even the lips.
Depending on the severity of the sun damage we recommend a few treatment methods. We use a number of facial injectables and facial fillers. Some prefer the use of topical creams, ointments, facials, and chemical peels.
For the best overall cosmetic treatment of sun damaged skin, laser skin resurfacing treatments can allow patients the best overall healing with less downtime or side effects. The Cynosure Elite is one of the best lasers available in today’s laser skin resurfacing market. Contact us today to treat your sun damaged skin.