Every woman and man tries to be attractive and makes everything possible for achieving such aim. Undesirable hair in some body areas spoils impression of women’s beauty so it must be undoubtedly removed. That’s why hair removal is one of the most demanded procedures in professional beauty salons. There are exist plenty of different techniques of depilation, wax, threading providing but the most popular and innovative one is Laser Hair Removal.
If you’re not happy with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be an option worth considering. Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures in the U.S. and around the world. It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles. Pigment in the follicles absorb the light.
Laser treatments are only approved by the FDA for “permanent hair reduction” NOT “permanent hair removal”. This simply means that some regrowth is to be expected, this is not a permanent hair-removal solution for most consumers (though reduction of hair can be expected up to 85-90% on all areas).
Description of the procedure
On the day before your treatment, you should shave with a clean, new razor. By shaving, the lasers will be able to locate the follicles. Do not recommended waxing, tweezing or threading at least 10 days before the laser hair removal procedure.
You may easily realize that this procedure means using special laser equipment. Cosmetologists affect hair and their follicles with the help of rays completely destroying them. At the same time such equipment does no harm to the skin. No scars. No pain. No discomfort. Perfect result. You always dreamt about such way of hair removal, don’t you?
The main advantages of this technique are the following:
- This procedure guarantees continues stable result. In the beginning it requires to come every 5-6 weeks 6 times , so less then a year. The result: it will remove up to n85-90% of hair follicles permanently. (Then you just will doIt visit beauty salon once or twice a year and you will forget about undesirable hair FOREVER).
- This technique is painless and harmless for the skin so it can be applied for sensitive areas, because new machines have an air cooler that makes procedure much more comfortable.
- Laser hair removal takes from 40 minutes to 1,30 hours depending on the areas where hair is being removed.
- You will see the result right after first procedure, your skin will be smoother, lighter and without black heads of hair follicles that we usually experience after shaving.
- These days laser hair removal machines work on all six types of the skin. From light skin tone to dark skin tone and has amazing results.
- It works on all areas (avoid close to eyes area/ and not for pregnant women).
Contraindications of the procedure
Unfortunately not every woman may undergo laser hair removal. The procedure has some contraindications. Foremost it is forbidden for patients with systemic skin diseases including dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema. The technique is also inaccessible for people with oncologic diseases, epilepsy, tuberculosis, blood and heart diseases. Besides, the procedure is not recommended for pregnant women.
Thus, it is recommended to consult with a laser hair removal technician or doctor before undergoing such procedure.
Speaking about such innovative and revolutionary procedure as laser depilation we may still point out some disadvantages:
- Special care (Providing of the procedure includes special recommendations that must be strictly followed after the hair removal, usually not to be on the sun 2 weeks before and after on treated areas);
- Necessity of several visits (In order to get perfectly soft skin several visits to the cosmetologist will be demanded).
- Laser hair removal treatment does not work on white/grey hair follicles, so it is very important to get it done in time while you have pigment on your hairs.
The main types of laser hair removal machines are:
- Ruby Laser Hair Removal.
- Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal.
- Diode Laser Hair Removal.
- Nd:YAG Laser Hair Removal.
- IPL – Intense Pulse Light Hair Removal.
For dark skin
- How it works: The Nd:YAG Laser is the preferred system when it comes to hair removal for dark skin because it has weaker melanin absorption. Melanin refers to the dark pigment in both skin and hair, and some lasers cannot tell the difference between the melanin in hair and the melanin in dark skin. This means they have the potential to injure the skin. The Nd:YAG laser, on the other hand, is safe for dark skin because of its long wavelengths, which penetrate past the melanin in the epidermis to the melanin in the hair. This seeking out of dark melanin is why, like most of the lasers on this list, it is still not very effective on fine or white hair.
- Pros: The Nd:YAG has longer wavelengths than other hair removal lasers, meaning that in addition to being safe for dark skin, it has the most potential to destroy hair at the papilla (the very bottom of the shaft).
- Cons: Because it absorbs less melanin, it requires more treatments for optimal results. Treatments with YAG lasers can also be more painful and less effective on fine hair.
- Common brand names: Cutera CoolGlide, Cynosure Elite, Candela GentleYAG
For olive skin:
- How it works: This laser hair removal machine has a slightly longer wavelength than some of its competitors (though not as long as the Nd:YAG), which makes it usable on a wide range of skin tones, including olive skin.
- Pros: Perhaps the Alexandrite’s most important benefit is an increased spot size and repetition rate, which means it can treat a larger area of skin, faster. This makes it one of the quickest methods available.
- Cons: Despite its long wavelength, it still achieves a high melanin absorption, so there is a significant risk for discoloration and burns on all but very light skin.
- Common brand names Candela GentleLase, Cynosure Apogee, EpiTouch Plus
For fair to medium skin
- How it works: The Diode, one of the newest and most commonly used laser hair removal machines today, was designed for fair to medium skin types.
- Pros: The Diode mixes both shorter and longer wavelengths, so it is both good at absorbing melanin and also penetrates deep into the hair follicles. The longer wavelengths also decrease the risk of skin damage.
- Cons: The main drawback to the Diode laser is its newness, as there is not yet an appropriate amount of data to assess its long-term results.
- Common brand names: LightSheer, SLP 1000, LaserLite, SopranoXL
For very light skin
- How it works: As the oldest type of hair removal laser, the Ruby has a higher melanin absorption rate than most other lasers on the market, making it most appropriate for very light skin and light hair removal.
- Pros: Effective, even on very fine hair.
- Con: Because of the high melanin absorption, it is more prone to leave skin discolored. For this reason, it should only be used on very fair skin.
- Common brand names Palomar E2000, RubyStar
As known now laser hair removal machines do provide a lot of different esthetic operations such as spider vein treatments ,carbon peeling masques, photoepilation, skin tags/spots removal etc…
As to the special care you should avoid sunbathing for some 2 weeks, both before and after the procedure.
Making conclusion we may say that laser hair removal is really innovative procedure that provides perfect effect and helps women to achieve their cherished dream – to obtain ideally smooth skin for continuous period of time.
“We are spending so much time for removing undesirable hair! This time must be spent with our sweethearts. So I decided the problem completely making laser depilation. The result is brilliant”, – Mary, 26 years
“I am working in beauty industry so my skin must be perfectly smooth. My reputation depends on it. Laser hair removal is a real magic for me. Some 2 hours in beauty salon and perfect skin for several months”, – Elizabeth, 32 years